Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Mothers day

As Mother’s Day approaches, I thought it would be fun to spend this week honoring exactly what we are - mothers…moms…mommies.

You know, I have so many amazing memories of my mom. She is truly one of the closest friends I have. We have been through it all - a childhood where she taught me right from wrong, taught me to tie my shoes, to play nice, and to be my own person, the teen years where she guided me through peer pressure, heartbreak, and everything else that came along. Along with the 20 questions she would always ask when I came home. I always hated that, but it was her way of showing me how she cared. Jason always got a kick out of that. She dealt with me always being on the phone and never being around. Then there was college, when I was trying to decide what I wanted to be when I grew up and to pick a major, she was there for me. I still remember when I told her that I was switching my major from Nursing to Business. That was such a tough decision, but it was the best decision I made and she helped me through it. Marriage - she is always there to listen and give advice. And now, I am a mom and she is a grandma. I never thought how much that would change my life. I think I talk to her more now than I ever have and I treasure the moments we get to see eachother. She guides me even more today than I ever imagined. Her support, her advice, her love - it all helps me daily as I learn and grow with Dylan. What more can I say? I love her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Grace. It is amazing how much you appreciate and understand your mom, once you have a baby.... isn't it. To think, we're going to have to go through the same drama. Did our mom's know exactly what we were doing at all times? I don't know... but it scares me to think Maya and Brennan will probably be doing the same crazy things you hope you don't get in trouble for.

Dylan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gavin

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers