
We had a very nice Christmas this year. After we had our celebration at our house, we went over to the Dolphins. Of course we were late, but we arrived and saw Andi/Troy and kids and Heather, Jason and Austin. We played cards, hung out, ate munchies and had a nice time.
The day it snowed, we had a blast. Denny got out his tractor and piled on the snow.



The kids made a fort and it was fun watching. Even the adults were out there having fun. We are all kids at heart. Dylan really enjoyed the snow and the nice thing was it wasn't too cold out there. Don't get me wrong though, it was cold especially since we are still used to Alabama weather.



I think this just says it all...

Angie/Curt and family came on the 27th and we had our Christmas then.



We also took everyone out and went bowling. I did awful... seriously, I didn't even come close to 100 and the sad thing was there were two frames where I didn't knock a single pin down. OMG- how embarassing. I did have one strike though. We sure did have fun.





The best of buds


What are you thinking Carter?

My sweet little Avery


sweet sweet Kenna


When we came back on Sunday I noticed Gavin didn't quite look like himself. He felt very hot, so I gave him some tylenol. Then, he coughed up a ton and threw up on me, so I gave him a bath. Usually he LOVES his baths, but not this time. He was wimpering and then I noticed his hands and feets were turning blue. His breaths per minutes were 102, so I knew something wasn't right. I quick got him dressed and headed to the ER. Todd stayed home with Dylan. Todd called his parents and they arrived at midnight to take care of Dylan on Monday. My parents came down Monday night and came and visited us at the hospital along with Todd and Dylan. They stayed for the next day and helped out with Dylan. Todd was off on Wednesday and Thursday, so he had Dylan and then they came and visited us and we were released today.

The night we took Gavin in, he had a temp of 102. They took blood test, chest xray and everything was negative except he tested positive for RSV. They decided to keep him overnight. The first night is pulse ox was in the 90's and his WBC was 12,000 and CRT was 2. They did breathing treatments every 2 hours and then pushed it back to every 4 hours. The next day, his fevere was still there and they did the same tests. Unfortunately, they were worse. His WBC went to 16,000 which is high and the CRT elevated to 13, which is extremely high since normal is 0.2. They stopped doing breathing treatments, but put him on oxygen because his pulse ox dropped to the 80's. They also did a urine test on him and repeated the same tests. The next day his fever spiked to 103.6, so they were worried. They continued to give him Tylenol every 4 hours and monitored his breathing. They also started an IV and gave him antibiotics. The awesome thing was he started doing better. On New Years Eve, he was off oxygen, his pulse ox was in the mid 90's, he didn't have a fever and was doing well. Today, everything looked good.... no fever, he stayed off oxygen, and just had a cough. They released us and now he is on antibiotics for 8 days. He is doing really well tonight. He still has his awful chest cough, but he looks much much better. He goes in for his 2 month check up next Friday. Hopefully he is 100% then. I was soooo very happy with his Pediatrician. He came to check on him two times a day and the doctor in the hospital also came two times a day.


No comments:
Post a Comment