Monday, September 29, 2008

Painting weekend

Well, I was able to remove all the wallpaper from the kitchen and get the room prepped. Mom/dad came down early on Sunday to help paint. It looks awesome!!! I'm so happy with the color. At first we put it on the wall and it was too bright, so mom and I went back and they added some black to it to make it more of a tanish cast of a golden color. When we put it on the walls, I just loved it. It reminds me a lot of the color we had in Birmingham and it flows very nice with the other rooms. We were totalling all the rooms we have painted so far and it comes to 11... Can you believe that?

Dining Room
Office
Kitchen
Powder Room
Laundry Room
Dylan's 1 wall in his room
Babies room
Spare Bedroom
Basement
Toy Room
Basement bathroom

Not to mention the two closets my parents painted. I am also planning on painting the spare bedroom downstairs this week and then I'm done. Eventually I will do the master bathroom and the bathroom upstairs, but I will hold off for awhile. Its amazing how a little paint can really change the look and feel of a room and pretty inexpensive. I'll need to post some before and after pictures of each room so you can get a feel.

Thank you so much mom and dad for coming down and helping. It means very much to us.

No comments:

Dylan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gavin

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers