Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weekend packed full of fun

On Thursday, Denny/Maxine, Heather, Jason and Austin came in town to visit before heading to Andi and Troys Friday. We grilled out and just hung out in the evening. I kept Dylan home from daycare on Friday since Denny/Maxine decided to take him to Adventureland early and then Todd and I would meet up with them later. It worked out great. I finished my work and we left as soon as Todd got home. They drove to Andi/Troys and then went out for lunch before heading to Adventureland. To my amazement, Dylan had 5 1/2 chicken nuggets. This is a record for him. Typically he eats about 2 of them. He also had french fries. I'm sure his eyes lit up when they got to Adventureland. Andi did an awesome job taking pictures, so I'll be sure to post those. It sounds like he was really good and loved all the kiddie rides. We got there later in the afternoon and they were just getting on the raging river. They all had smiles on their faces.




Dylan saw us and as soon as he got off the ride came running over and gave us hugs.

I wasn't able to go on any rides, but I enjoyed watching everyone. Its kind of fun to see their expressions on their faces.

Dylan LOVED the frog hopper (see video)


He is the one who kept yelling ribbit and ribbit again. I can definately hear his voice on the video. He had a smile on his face the whole time. His cousins did a great job sitting with him and making sure he got on ok.







He really enjoyed the dragon, ladybugs, wagon ride, and the airplanes too.





Of course we ate a lot too. We had blooming onions, popcorn, corn dogs, and lots and lots to drink. Dylan's favorite was the messy blue slushy.




We also went to the water park inside the park and it was fun to watch the kids. The water was a little cold, but the kids didn't mind. Check out the sign.. no running, well Dylan was doing his little hop. Does that count?









Night action...



The next day we went to the state fair. It was hot, but we had a good time. Of course my feet hurt by the end of the day. I think the favorite thing was watching the kids go down the big slide.




They went on it a few times and they had huge smiles on their faces aftewards. Dylan even did his little dance.




The next morning, we went out for breakfast and then went to a few furniture stores. We are looking for some bedroom furniture for Dylan. Denny/Maxine, Heather, Austin and Jason headed back to Dubuque and we went back to Andi and Troys. We ate some salsa and chips and then headed back out to look for furniture. After exploring the store, we found the perfect group. Now we just have to figure out what we all need. I think at this point, we might just get the dresser. We may even ask Denny if he would be interested in making the headboard for Dylan. We will see. He is so talented, but I'm not sure how many projects he has going on right now. Aftere our shopping trip we went out for Mexican. It was very good and then listened to the music by the water. The kids really enjoyed just hanging out. What a perfect weekend. The only thing missing was Angie, Curt, Carter, and Avery.







Next weekend Dylan is looking forward to seeing Grandma and Grandpa S. too.

On a side note, congrats to Angie and Curt on their new house. They start moving in on Friday.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Looks like you guys had fun, but I missed ya in Dubuque.

Dylan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gavin

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers