Thursday, July 5, 2007

Grandparents visit

Watch out... don't let it fall on the house or the neighbors


This was the before... We had a dead tree and then some others that were just in the way.










hmmm, which way is this tree going to fall...
Let's analyze this and put on our thinking caps.



Grandpa D is getting the rope ready
Man oh man, it was such a HOT day



Pull, Pull, Pull...










1-2-3-

TIMBER.... That was always fun to say. Dylan got in on the action too.






Everyone was out there with one of the ropes pulling on the tree. Look at those muscles. Luckily I was taking care of Dylan, so I didn't have to do that. It was fun to watch and take the pictures though. I helped removing the branches and putting them up to the curb. We were pretty impressed the lawn service picked everything up the same day.


The "crew" arrived on Saturday around 6pm...
I couldn't believe it. We were thinking it would be later in the evening, but sure enough they were there on time. If we were driving, we would for sure be a few hours late, go figure.

Dylan made strange at first, but after a few days he was used to everyone.

We are getting ready to build a firepit, but in order to do so some trees had to come down. EVERYONE helped, even the neighbors.... What a difference tearing down a few trees made. We tore down 5 all together while the in-laws were in town and Todd cut down a few more after the visit.








We did so many fun things and everytime I took pictures, they would ask, is this going to make the blog?

The day they arrived we just sat around and caught up. I had a roast cooking and we had some fruit pizza and potatoes and salad to eat. I showed them all the pictures from the visit with Angie and Curt and we just watched Dylan play.





NAP TIME


Sunday we went to a flea market
Monday went to Joes Crab Shack and Home Depot- Dylan loved the tractors
Tuesday we went to the mall and ate lasagna. Dylan was introduced to "grandpa horsey"
Wednesday we went to the waterpark
Thursday we hung out outside and went swimming.
Friday we celebrated birthdays and ate Mexican
Saturday we cut more trees down, went to Todd's office, grilled shrimp, and watched fireworks



I'll post more pictures and sort them by day... Sorry for the delay of pics, its been chaotic around here.

No comments:

Dylan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gavin

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers